Thursday, February 11, 2021

Stampin' Dreams Blog Hop-Movies and TV





 Hey Y'all!
Welcome to the Stampin' Dreams Blog Hop!  Our theme is Movies and TV--what a challenge! I don't watch much TV, although right now my hubby and I are on a Columbo kick.  I had no idea what kind of project to create, but as I was thinking about what stamp sets and other paraphernalia I owned that would work, I thought of a technique I had been wanting to try, and then I knew which movie I could feature. 





So here is my card.  I have been wanting to try to create a "denim" look. To achieve this, I cropped a piece of Balmy Blue cardstock with the largest Stitched Nested Label dies, then cut it in 1/2 to make a "pocket." Then I took my Misty Moonlight ink pad and dragged it directly across the paper.  Then, to finish the look, I ran it through the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder.



Any guesses on the movie?  I'm taking you waaaay back, well maybe not that far back, to 1984...that was only like 10 years ago, right? Lol!  Before I reveal my movie, let me tell you more about my card. I also ran a piece of Night of Navy through the Pinewood Planks 3D embossing folder, and did the same ink pad to paper technique with my Craft White Ink Pad. I distressed a piece of In Good Taste DSP with my snips by running the cutting edge of the scissors along the edge of the paper, giving it a rugged look. I die cut some foil stars and the flourish from the Stitched Stars dies, and also added some RHINESTONES for embellishment. (PS, that's a clue.) And what other ribbon to use but the Denim Ribbon.


I also used the denim technique for the letters on the inside of my card. 

Now, who would I give this card to?  I considered making it a masculine birthday card, but then I thought about Valentines Day is this weekend, and I need a card for my hubby!  We have a little farm going...we have some chickens and cows...and I tease him all the time about being my "cowboy."  So the movie I've chosen to feature in my card is Rhinestone starring Dolly Parton and Sylvester Stallone.  I remembered watching it way back when, although the biggest detail I remember about the movie is that the song by Glenn Campbell, Rhinestone Cowboy was in the movie. So I made a "rhinestone cowboy" card. How many of you have ever heard of the movie or seen it?  I honestly had not thought of that movie in years, and the only reason it came to mind was because of me trying to think of some movie or tv show I could feature using my denim technique But I am so happy with how the card turned out! 


Tips:
  • Use the adhesive sheets on intricate or small die cuts (like the letters) to make adhering them to your project easy-peasy! Just apply the adhesive sheet to the back of the paper before running it through the die cutting machine.
  • Use your grid paper and a ruler to line up letters evenly.
  • The Take Your Pick tool is great for perfect placement of embellishments like rhinestones

Make your way down the list and check out all of the blogs in the hop.  I can't wait to see what everyone else came up with!


I had so much fun making this card, and I am definitely going to be using my denim technique in the near future, I hope you will give it a try!  If you would like to order any of the products I used, just click on the images below to go to my online store.  
Love,
Nina




Product List

10 comments:

  1. Great card. I love how you used it for the theme

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card! Now I have that song playing in my head....Yes 1984 wasn't that long ago. That was my final year of high school. Couldn't possibly have been that long ago....lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like a Rhinestone Cowboy...haha! I graduated 4 years later, not that long ago at all!

      Delete
  3. I love the denim look you have created

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great technique to create that denim look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and I so guessed it right!

    ReplyDelete