Sunday, February 21, 2021

LGH Round 39: Punch It!



Hey Y'all!

I'm joining my friends from Let's Get Hopping for a fun blog hop focusing on punches.  I'm so glad you're joining us today! You may have hopped over from Alicia Yap's blog, or you may be starting with me, either way, Welcome!

Punch It! is our theme this month....no, we don't want you to get violent lol! (Although living through 2020 and the beginning of 2021 may make us want to punch something....but I digress)  This month is all about using punches.  They make the easiest cards....a good punch, some beautiful DSP, and a few embellishments....and you can make some quick butg awesome cards! And during Saleabration, which, by the way, ends in just 1 week, Stampin' Up! has an amazing host only stamp set called "Punch Party" that coordinates with 4 of our punches. 


And it is such a versatile set...so many different sentiments! I chose to pair it with another Saleabration item, the Flower and Field DSP, and the notecards and envelopes and made this set of cards and a holder to put them in and give as a gift.  I CASE'd the holder from our very own Mikaela Titheridge, you can see her project here.






My mom is always saying "I need a card."  So I decided to make her a set of all-occasion cards.  There are 2 Get Well, 2 Happy Birthday, and 2 Thank You. As I planned my project, one of the first steps was seeing what colors coordinated with the DSP I chose.


These are the colors that coordinate with the Field and Flower DSP, plus So Saffron.  I did not have any of that, and that will be remedied on my next order!  As you can see, there are so many possibilities with color combos.  I also looked to see what embellishments I had that coordinated, and I chose the Bumble Bee Gingham  and the Pool Party Sheer Ribbon.  I decided to keep the cards very simple, and used only black ink, although you could jazz these up even more using coordination ink colors.




For these 3 cards, I created a "window" in the DSP with the punches. 




These 2 cards are just layering DSP and cardstock.  I love it when the DSP does the heavy lifting!


This one may be my favorite layout.  I punched 4 pieces of DSP with the Rectangular Postage Stamp Punch and positioned them onto a 3-1/4 x 4-3/4 piece of DSP.  
To decorate the inside of the cards, I adhered a strip of DSP 1/2 x 5 to the edge.  I also used a 3/4 by 5 piece for the flap of the envelope.  I had enough of this that I could have covered the whole flap (did I mention it was my favorite), but I really like the look of that little strip on the edge, especially for these smaller cards.





                                       
And here is the Oh So Cute holder they go in.  I will be doing a separate blog post later this week with the instructions for the holder.  I know you are excited about seeing all the other projects from everyone, and I don't want to bore you with all of those details. 
I hope I have given you lots of ideas about different ways to use your punches.  Next up is the very talented Mikaela, yes, the very one that inspired my project! 



I would love for you to subscribe to my blog so that I can share my love of crafting with you and hopefully inspire you to create and share your own beautiful things!  If you would like to purchase any of the items I used , simply click on the images to go to my online store.  The Punch Party Stamp set is earned with a $300 order, you and your friends can combine orders, or you can order that amount yourself.  In addition to the stamp set, you earn 12% of the workshop total in free product, plus more Saleabration items.  The Flower and Field DSP is a Level 1 item, free with a $50 purchase,  There are also Level 2 items that are free with a $100 purchase.  Go here to see some of my favorite Saleabration items and how you can get the most bang for your buck during Saleabration.  See you next time!
Love,
Nina


Product List

5 comments:

  1. Love them all Nina. That dsp is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to showcase some punches! And I love that Punch Party set, so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this set your mums going to love your cards x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing set of cards Nina, and a lovely gift for your Mom! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super stamp set to showcase the versatility of our punches. Beautiful cards xx

    ReplyDelete