Monday, February 22, 2021

Crafty Challenge Blog Hop-It's a Sketch!


Hey Y'all!
I am so happy to be a part of the Crafty Challenge Blog Hop today. 


The theme is a Sketch Challenge, and this was a fun one.  We could be as strict or as interpretive as we wanted.  I didn't deviate too much. 




I also gave myself a personal challenge...to use a stamp set that I had not used yet.  Do y'all do that? You see something in the new catalog you want, you gotta have it, you order it, and a month later you still haven't inked it up?  That was me with the Ice Cream Corner Suite...I just haven't had a chance to play with it.


But I finally got my chance, and it is so much fun! I love love LOVE the font!  And the DSP is awesome, those bright colors just make me happy!


Since I used the birthday sentiment, I decided to add a gift card holder to the inside of the card, which can be easily done to any card.


Simply add a strip of cardstock (mine here measures 1-1/4 x 4, DSP is 1 x 4).  I used Tear and Tape, and only added it to 3 sides, leaving the top open.


Measurements, Tips & Tricks:
  • Card Base: Bermuda Bay 8-1/2 x 5-1/2, score at 4-1/4
  • Bermuda Bay for inside to make gift card holder 1-1/4 x 4, use scalloped die from Stitched Be Mine to make decorative edge, also use on a strip of Bermuda Bay to make decorative edge on front of card, attach to bottom of DSP
  •  Basic White layer and inside layer 4 x 5-1/4
  • DSP 4 x 1-1/4, inside 1 x 4

  • Let the DSP help you choose your color palette.  This seems like a no brainer, but one thing that I would struggle with was choosing colors that went together.  If it looks good together on the DSP, it's going to look good on your card. One of the best things about Stampin' Up! is how you don't have to think about it, the ink matches the paper, matches the ribbon, etc.  
  • Use Stampin' Blends to alter embellishments like ribbon and rhinestones to create any color, here I colored the rhinestones with my Dark Bermuda Bay 
  • "Stamp off" (ink up stamp and stamp first on a scrap of paper, also called Second Generation stamping) to create lighter colors with the same ink pad. I stamped off the ice cream in Bermuda Bay, then stamped full strength Bermuda Bay for the sprinkles, and did the same with Cinnamon Cider for the Cone.
Time to see what everyone else created!


Just a little less than a week to take advantage of Saleabration and earn FREE products.  If you would like to purchase any of the products I used, click on the images below to go to my online store.  I so appreciate your business!  Make sure to subscribe to my blog, I love sharing creativity!  Thanks for stopping by!
Love,
Nina

Product List

11 comments: