Saturday, March 19, 2022

Faux Stepper Card With Celebrate Sunflowers













Hey Y'all!
I have a stunning card to share with you today that I CASE’d from fellow demonstrator Helen Jennings, she blogs at Love a Duckie. She created a Faux Stepper Card using the Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set and dies. Here is the card she created:

I loved it and wanted to learn how to do the fun fold as well use the sunflower set that is one of my favorites. This is what I came up with:



I wanted the center sunflower to "pop," so I stamped it in Bumblebee ink onto a piece of Shimmery White cardstock, die cut the detailed die in shimmery white as well.


The other 2 sunflowers are tone-on-tone stamped, Bumblebee ink onto Bumblebee cardstock, and Bumblebee the detailed die. The centers are die cut in Cinnamon Cider.


The card base is Cinnamon Cider, and CC ink was used with blending brushes to help create my own Designer Series Paper.  I used a wood grain pattern from the Heart & Home DSP and added ink with a blending brush to tone down the stark white and gray. Then I stamped the small sunflower and leaf images to create a pattern.


I tried to pick up the shimmer I added with a Wink of Stella pen.  The sentiment was stamped in Memento Ink onto a die cut from Stitched So Sweetly. Gold foil die cuts, die cut leaf images, and Bumblebee Gingham Ribbon are what I chose as embellishments.


This is one of those cards that takes a bit of time, but the end result is oh so worth it. And, by the way, the Celebrate Sunflowers bundle is one of the bundles on sale during the month of March. Go to my online store to see all of the bundles on sale.

Card Measurements:
  • Cinnamon Cider card base 9 x 4-1/4, scored at 1-1/4, 2-1/2, 5-3/4
  • Center Panel-Cinnamon Cider 8-1/2 x 2-1/2
  • DSP-Front panel 5-1/4 x 2-1/4, Center Panel 4 x 3, Bottom Step Panel 1 x 4
Leave me a comment and let me know what you think of this card, I love to hear your feedback! 








Waves Of The Ocean
Available Now! Click HERE to order!



Live in the US and don't have a current Stampin' Up! Demonstrator? I would love to be your demonstrator! Need a catalog? Email me at ninassouthernaccents@gmail.com with CATALOG REQUEST in the subject line.



Do you love Stampin' Up! products? Have a long wish list? Become a happy shopper and purchase from yourself at a discount, or even build a business. I would love for you to join my Southern Accents Stampin' Squad, and no! you don't have to have a Southern Accent lol! Click here to sign up.




Love,
Nina





 



1 comment: