Friday, March 5, 2021

Global Design Project #281-Color Challenge


Hey Y'all!

I had a chance to ink up one of my favorite sets from the J-J 2021 Mini Catalog, Pretty Perennials, and play along with the Global Design Project  challenge this week.  It's another color challenge:

This is my project:


This stamp set was designed with help from one of our Million Dollar Sales achievers, Dena Rekow. If you like flowers, you will love this set.  
My favorite stamp in the whole set is that word "happy." My only complaint is they did  not make a die to cut it out, but fussy cutting it isn't too bad. I used a die cut from Hippo and Friends as a base to build my focal image. I ran the Bermuda Bay background through the Cut and Emboss machine (I nicknamed mine Cande for short) with a Stitched With Whimsy die.  I also added a vellum die cut.


To create the focal image, I die cut the large flower in Basic White, and then die cut the outline image in the 3 colors from the color challenge.I also cut out the centers in Basic White and sponged the edges of those and the large flower with the 3 colors.  If you've ever watched Dena's videos (The Creativity Cave), you have seen her do the "flicking" technique with the Basic Black Stampin' Write marker...so in Dena Rekow fashion, I "flicked" my project with the marker. Just hold the brush tip end of the maker against the inside lip of the cap and "flick" toward your project.
Tip: Have one Basic Black marker designated for this technique, and make sure your area is clear so no ink lands on something it isn't supposed to.


I always enjoy playing along with these challenges.  They get your creative juices flowing, and also pull you out of your comfort zone.  I don't think I would ever have put these colors together, but I love how it turned out! Thanks for stopping by today, if you would like to order any of the supplies I used, just click on the images below to go to my online store.  I so appreciate your business. Be sure you are subscribed to my blog, I love to share my projects with you and hopefully inspire you to create beautiful cards to bless others.
Love,
Nina


 

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment