Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Stamps Are For More Than Paper!

Hey Y’all!
Look what I made!!!! Well, painted...I didn't make the birdhouse....

Yes, you are in the right place.  This is a blog about handmade cards and papercrafting, but I have a different project to share with you today.


Isn't it cute!  I am finding all sorts of things to keep me busy during my "coronacation" as I am calling it.  So when I found this birdhouse that had been on my back porch for FOREVER, I decided to paint it .  


It was raw wood when I started.  I just lightly sanded it and painted it with some acrylic craft paint I had in my stash, you know, the cheap kind from Wally World.  It was so plain with just the flat paint, and I wanted to add a design.  But, alas, this southern girl can barely draw a stick figure!


Then I had an idea...what if I stamped an image and then painted over it?  I didn't want to use our ink since it is water-based and probably wouldn't last.  So I inked up the image from the retired Saleabration set "Thoughtful Blooms" with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and stamped it onto the birdhouse. I painted over the images and, Voila! A Masterpiece!



I love how stamps make me look like an artist!  I hung the birdhouse from a tree in my yard, and it just brightens up my landscape.


You do need to seal the paint so it will last.  I am so happy with how this turned out.  Even though I used a retired set, Stampin' Up! has PLENTY of stamps that would be perfect for this.  I hope I have sparked some creativity for you and you try this technique.  Let me hear from you if you do, I would love to see your projects!
Love,
Nina


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment