Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Clay Pot Stamping...Stamps Are For More Than Paper Part 2

Hey Y'all!
If you know me personally, you know I love all things crafty.  Being a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator helps satisfy that craving, and most of the time I stick to papercrafting. But I love it when I can take my stamps "outside the box". My last blog showed you how I used stamps to paint a birdhouse.  You can see that post here.





Today I wanted to share this project...a clay flower pot I painted using the oh so cute Little Ladybugs stamp set that was a host-only set during Saleabration.



I hated to see this one go. I have always loved ladybugs...well, decorative ones...not necessarily real ones. It may be because they are red, and I am partial to red...see table...You can see a shaker card I made with this set here.


Now some of you could freehand this and it would look amazing.  Not me. I've already shared I can barely draw a stick figure.  This technique works best with open images made for coloring.  Stampin' Up! has lots of those to choose from! (PS, did you know the new catalog is almost out?  Make sure you give me your contact information so I can send you one, if you don't already have a demonstrator.)


I painted the background color first with acrylic paint (the cheap kind from Wally-world.)  Then I added my images.  The first trick is don't put the stamp on a block., just hold it on your fingers. You need it to be flexible to curve around the pot.  I inked up my stamp with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then pressed the stamp to the pot.  Some of the ink didn't transfer, and that is ok. I had enough of the image outline to go by.  


Once you finish painting, you will need to spray the pot with a sealer, especially if you plan to use it outside.  I've put a Gerbera Daisy in mine and placed it on my table by my pool. I hope you enjoyed this project, thanks for stopping by! 

****Edtited*****
I did not think about clay pots being porous.  DO NOT put a plant directly into the pot, put it in a smaller container inside.  Moisture will seep through and mess up the paint underneath.  I learned this the hard way!!! 
I would love to earn your business.  If you don't already have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator and live in the US, contact me and I will send you a catalog.  It is so much fun!  We have products for any level of crafter, from the beginner to the avid. Let me help you out with your crafting needs!
Love,
Nina








Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment