Sunday, August 27, 2017

Why Do I Do The Things I Do? Special Family Day

Hi Friends!
This post is going to be a little different than my normal post.  Do I even have a normal post? I haven't been doing this long enough to have that!  But I wanted to give you a little insight into my family life.
Yesterday was a special day for our family.  My daughter Blair participated in our county's Special Olympic's Bowling Event!



Even though we live in a fairly small community, we have an OUTSTANDING Special Olympics Committee that goes above and beyond to love and support these special member of society, and their families.  Blair is 25 now, and over the years I have received so many cards and other things from people over the years to encourage me personally.  
Thus the title of my blog....Why Do I Do The Things I Do? Making cards, crafting, my card classes, it is not only to sell Stampin' Up! products, it is a vehicle that allows me to bless others, and I have been blessed as well with new friends.  Isn't that why we are here? To honor God and bless others?  When it boils right down to it, that is the purpose of life in a nutshell.  
Yesterday was also my Watercolor Class. I will do a video soon showing some of the techniques we did, but, for now, here are the cards we made:

 This one used the Dragonfly Dreams stamp set and framelets.  We did a watercolor wash over an embossing resist.
 This card feature the "This Little Piggy" stamp.  Who is not in love with this set?
And last but not least we combined "Beautiful You" with "Mediterranean Moments", did some masking, and used the awesome new Embossing Paste and stencils with Copper Embossing Powder. 

 So now I am going to issue a challenge to you!  Who in your life do you know needs encouraging?  Truett Cathy, the founder of Chic-Fil-A, said, "How do you identify someone who needs encouragement?  That person is breathing."  (Thanks for the quote Cameron!) Maybe you know someone who has a sick family member and they have been a caretaker for a period of time...perhaps a young mother with young children who is at her wits end...it may be a student who is struggling with peer pressure or a new college student that may be homesick.  You never know what a simple card will mean to someone.  Your challenge this week is to send a card.  Get out those craft supplies and make one or if you don't have the supplies, (gasp!) go to the store and buy one.  Then contact me for some Stampin' Up! LOL! Leave a comment below and let me know if you accepted the challenge and whom you sent your card to, no names, just a description of the situation is fine.  Let's live life intentionally and be a blessing to others!  Trust me, YOU come out with the biggest blessing!
With Hugs and Encouragement to all of you!
Nina

If you are interested in any of the supplies used in the cards, here is a list!  Click on the link, and it will take you to my online store where you can purchase.




Product List

4 comments:

  1. Dear Nina,
    I love your post. In German we say "Du sprichst mir aus dem Herzen". I can feel the warmth in it. And you can be proud of your Daughter, ehe seems to be a wonderful ans Happy Person, having fun with her Sports and her family. Greetings zu her from Germany and good luck for her next match.
    Thanx for sharing 😗
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Karin! Our family has been very blessed!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful projects Nina! I'm a huge watercolouring fan and every class I feature this technique is so well received. It's great getting a little peek into your family. I love the challenge you put forward! It's totally true, you never know what a little unexpected happy mail might do for someone. I'm going play along in September!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jennifer! It is a great technique, and much easier than it would seem! I thoroughly enjoyed teaching this class, and hope to do more in the future!

    ReplyDelete