Monday, August 21, 2017

Stamping 101: Sponging and Masking

Hi Everyone!
I am so excited to share this card with you! It is probably my most favorite card I have ever made.  I totally CASE'd (copy and share everything) from Tina Zinck, another Stampin' Up! demonstrator.  Look her up on YouTube at Serene Stamper Channel, she is absolutely amazing, and you will get some great inspiration for your cards.
Here is my version:

This card showcases the High Tide stamp set found in the 2017 Annual Catalog. 

 The card base is Cherry Cobbler with a Whisper White mat that I have stamped and sponged.  The lighthouse image is also a two-step stamp, I stamped the base in Memento TB ink, then the accent in Cherry Cobbler.  I then stamped the lighthouse onto a sticky note and "fussy-cut" it out for the mask.  I punched a 1-inch circle out of the sticky note as well to mask off the area for the sun. I put a sticky note on the bottom 1/3 of the card, and then I sponged the sunset scene with So Saffron, Crushed Curry, Calypso Coral, and Perfect plum. Stampin' Up! sponges come in a pack of 3, then I cut them in quarters to use on my projects. The next step was to move the sticky note to the top, stamp the rocks in Smoky Slate then stamp over them with Versamark and heat emboss with Clear embossing powder.   Next,  sponge the water in Night of Navy then stamp the "waves" with Craft Whisper White. Wipe off the rocks with a paper towel to remove any ink residue.  I also added some Calypso Coral to the top of the water to make it look like the sun reflecting off of the water.  
I stamped the birds in Memento, then used the "Thank You" sentiment from the Daisy Delight stamp set.  I heat embossed that in gold.  
I added a mat of Whisper White to the inside and stamped the lighthouse there in Memento:

I also made a YouTube video to show you the steps:



I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial!  Let me know how you like this technique!

Happy Stamping!
Nina


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment