Saturday, August 12, 2017

Stamping 101 Continued: Heat Embossing (It's my favorite, yall!)

Hey Everybody!
I am continuing my series on Stamping 101, and I am so excited to share this technique with you!  It is one of the things that made me fall in love with cardmaking, It is a great way to dress up your cards in a skinny minute (that's southern for lickety split, which is another southern term, anyway, it doesn't take much time!)  It is Heat Embossing!  I made this card for a special friend, and I wanted to show you the heat embossing technique.  Here is the card:

I used a Crumb Cake card base, stamped the Hardwood background stamp in Crumb Cake, and used the Layering Oval Framelets to cut out my Tempting Turquoise and Very Vanilla ovals.  I stamped the sentiment and rose image in Versamark ink, then heat embossed with the Copper embossing powder.  I LOVE how that copper looks!  Here is a close up:



Then to tie in the Turquoise, I wanted to add some ribbon or something, but, alas! No Tempting Turquoise ribbon or anything!!!! So, like any good southern woman, I improvised!  I made my own, and you can, too!  In fact, I have a Quick Tip video showing you how I did it.  All you need is reinker in the color of your choice and some Whisper White Bakers Twine.



Add a couple of drops of reinker to a small container (I used a container some of our embellishments come in), add water to it, soak the twine in it for a couple of minutes, lay it on a paper towel to dry, and VOILA! Your custom made twine to match your project!




Here is a video to show you how I did this project.


Thanks for stopping by! Yall come back soon, and remember to visit www.southernaccents.stampinup.net for all of your stamping needs!
Click on any of the links below to order products used in this project.

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment