Saturday, February 5, 2022

A Cute Stocking Stuffer-Stampin' For Christmas










Hey Y'all!
The Stampin' For Christmas crew are back with our first hop of the new year, YAY! You may have arrived from the lovely Gez Carpenter, or, if you are starting here with me, Welcome! If you are like me, your craft room may or may not be recovering from Christmas 2021 (ha! ha!) And how many of you have that stack of DSP (Designer Series Paper) that you had such high hopes for, but ran out of time? No, I haven't been spying on you....I'm a crafter, too, and I know how things work!



I am here to help! These Nail File wraps are quick and easy to make! They use a 6x6 piece of paper, so whatever you have, 12x12 or 6x6, it will work. Kaye at Papercraft Skies is where I saw the original design, you can watch her video here
.

I have used a sentiment from Poinsettia Petals and the coordinating Poinsettia Dies to create the flower. The flower is cropped from the Mother of Pearl Specialty Paper in the new January-June Mini, and the center was created by coloring an Iridescent Rhinestone, also found in the new Mini, with my dark Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Blend. 

Tip: Pick up embellishments with the putty end of the Take Your Pick Tool and place on your project.


Here are the step-by-step instructions to make the wrap:

First, score a 6x6 piece of DSP or cardstock at 1-1/2, 3, & 4-1/2
Fold and burnish score lines with your bone folder and continue to burnish each fold you make.

    

Fold the top right corner so the edge lines up with the far right score line.


Fold the top left corner to the second score line.


Fold the bottom left corner to the first score line.


Place adhesive along the bottom edge of the right panel to close the bottom of the pocket. Fold the right edge along the last score line. Fold the left edge along the middle score line.



Wrap the flap around to the back and secure with adhesive.
See how easy! These could be made for all occasions-Christmas stocking stuffers, Easter Basket fillers, Loaded Envelopes (check out my Valentine's Loaded Envelope!) We are making them for a favor for a Women's event at our church. And they don't have to contain a nail file...they can hold pencils, pens, even bone folders (hey, hey...team gifts!)
I am so glad you stopped by today! I hope we are getting those creative wheels turning, now hop over to Annette Elias for more inspiration! 

Please leave a comment and let me know how you liked this project, also let me know what you would put in them!








Live in the US and don't have a current Stampin' Up! Demonstrator? I would love to be your demonstrator! Need a catalog? Email me at ninassouthernaccents@gmail.com with CATALOG REQUEST in the subject line.




WANT TWO FREE STAMP SETS?
Saleabration is a great time to become a demonstrator! The Starter Kit is ALWAYS the best deal in the catalog, but it's even better during Saleabration! Get $125 of products, for only $99, PLUS 2 FREE STAMP SETS OF YOUR CHOICE! I would love for you to join my Southern Accents Stampin' Squad, and no! you don't have to have a Southern Accent lol! Click here to sign up!




Thanks for stopping by today, go make something beautiful!
Love,
Nina





 



5 comments:

  1. Oh I love this cute "goodie"and thanks for the tip! I also love the way you write your posts. Very entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Life is better when you’re laughing! And I give myself plenty to laugh at😂

      Delete
  2. Such a cute little gift. Also great to give to teammembers. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great project Nina, love that paper xx

    ReplyDelete