Saturday, April 3, 2021

Tasteful Touches and a Color Challenge Global Design Project #285

 Hey Y’all!

It is Saturday morning, and I am drinking coffee and playing in my craft room, my two favorite things! I have been trying to participate in challenges to keep my crafting mojo going, and the Global Design Project weekly challenge is one of my favorites. I have had a busy month, if you have been following me, you know my mom had lung surgery (she is 89 and the strongest woman I've ever known) to remove a rare cancer.  I am an only child, so she and my stepdad (who is 91) depend on me and my husband a lot.  So I have always had a crazy life, but this past month it is crazy on steroids! My craft room is my sanctuary, a place I can decompress. 

The challenge this week is a color challenge:

When I saw these soft, muted colors, I immediately thought of using the Tasteful Touches bundle.  I am so glad it is carrying over to the new catalog. I tend to lean toward brighter, bolder colors, so I love when these challenges stretch me and get me out of my comfort zone.


This card came together so quickly! I designed and made it in less than 45 minutes! See what a good challenge can do?


I started with a Sahara Sand cardbase, then ran my Basic White layer through Cande (my name for my die cutting machine) with the Stitched With Whimsy Dies.  I stamped some background images in Sahara Sand and Seaside Spray, then I stamped that gorgeous flower in So Saffron and fussy cut it.
My sentiment is stamped in Sahara Sand onto one of the die cut pieces.  The Seaside Spray scalloped ribbon was a perfect accent.


Well, tomorrow is Easter, and we have a full day planned...Sunrise Service, regular Worship, then family coming over to eat and hide eggs.  I've got to get busy! I hope you have a Happy Easter!
If you would like to purchase any of the products I've used, live in the US, and don't currently have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, just click on the images below to go to my online store. The new 2021-22 Annual Catalog is going live next month, and I would love to send you a catalog.  Email me your name and address I will get one in the mail to you. I so appreciate my customers that support me and help me in my business. You are a blessing!
Love,
Nina






Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment