Sunday, September 20, 2020

Let's Get Hopping Round 35: Happy Birthday To Us!


Hey Y'all!
Happy 3rd Birthday to the Let's Get Hopping Team! You may have hopped over from Alicia Yap's blog, who, by the way, never ceases to amaze me with her oh so cute projects! Or, you may be starting out with me, either way, Welcome! Make sure you hop all the way through and see the fun and beautiful projects we have to share.  Each one of us has chosen a past theme and created our projects from that.  I decided to combine several: Anything But A Card, Little Stamps, Very Vanilla (that was by accident, but it is included in one of my projects lol!),  Coloring Techniques, and For The Kids.  

It is hard to be believe Fall is here, and September is almost over!  I have made 3 different  Fall/Halloween Treat holders that are perfect for kids of any age (For The Kids).  The first is this pizza box.  I used one of the Stampin' Spritzers, re-inkers, shimmer paint, and 70% rubbing alcohol to add color (Coloring Technique). I stamped an image from the Celebration Tidings stamp set onto the pizza box.  Then I embellished with DSP, an oval die cut for my sentiment, and some of the Glittered Organdy Ribbon.  I cut a thin strip of it to make it look like the spider is spinning it's web. I added some Iridescent Pearls.  


To color the pizza box, I put it in a cardboard box and spritzed it all over with the alcohol, re-inker, and shimmer paint mix.  I like to mix different colors and get my own shade. And as with any coloring, the more you add, the more intense the color.  


My next project uses the Printed Gusseted Cellophane Bags.  I cut the length down to 6", and lined it with a piece of Mango Melody that measures 2-7/8 x 9, score on the 9" side at 1, 3, & 7-3/4.  I used one of the Celebration Label dies to make a bag topper, and used the Banner Year bundle for the sentiment.  It has a ton of small stamps (Little Stamps) and is a very versatile set you can use for many occasions.  I stamped the sentiment onto a 3/4" strip of Very Vanilla, then punched both ends with the Banners Pick A Punch.  Very Vanilla just lends itself so well to fall projects, and I have been using it alot in my projects.


My last project I CASE'd directly from the Holiday Mini Catalog.  It uses one of the Clear Tiny Treat Boxes embellished with the Have A Hoot Bundle & again, the Plaid Tidings DSP.  I just realized I hit another theme--Use Up That DSP--Ha! Seriously, this pack of paper has gotten a lot of mileage in the past few weeks!  I just love those owls, and I colored the image with my Stampin' Blends-another Coloring Technique.  I altered the Terra Cotta Tile Scalloped Linen Ribbon by removing the colored edges.  I love the vintage look of the frayed edges. PS, the treat boxes hold approximately 1/2 cup of candy corn...you're welcome. 
Thank you for stopping by today!  Click on the arrow below to hop over to my friend Shelly Wadge and see what she has to share with you today.


If you would like to order any of the supplies I have used, click on the links below to go to my online store.  Thanks again for stopping by!

Love,
Nina






Product List

7 comments:

  1. You combined so many challenges in one - what a superstar you are! Loving each and every treat you've created and shared here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute treats! And I love how you combined several challenges for today's hop :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alicia! I started with "Anything But A Card" and as I was making my projects, I realized there were several challenges in the projects.

      Delete
  3. Wow Nina, such cute projects, and what a great job combining so many past themes. Thanks for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy! I started with "Anything But A Card," then realized other challenges were in these projects. You guys are such a fun group to be a part of!

      Delete
  4. What fun little treat packaging ideas. I love them, and I love how you've managed to squeeze so many themes in to the one hop!! Thanks for being part of the team for the past 3 years. I really look forward to seeing your creations each month

    ReplyDelete