Thursday, September 17, 2020

Crafty Blog Hops Gilded Autumn

Hey Y'all!
I am so excited to join in this blog hop featuring one of my favorite suites from the 2020 Holiday Mini Catalog.  I am sure you have already seen some amazing projects as you have hopped along with us.  I live in the Deep South, so we don't get much fall weather-it seems like we go straight from summer to winter, and you never know if you will be wearing shorts or sweaters on Christmas.  But I do love fall, and I am looking forward to sitting outside by the fire drinking coffee as the weather cools.  So even if we don't get the changing of the leaves like people further north, I wanted my card to reflect that beauty.

My card features the "baby wipe" technique.  To do this technique, apply drops of re-inker onto a folded baby wipe.  This become your ink pad. I used Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, and Cajun Craze to give the leaves the fall colors. I stamped the outline image in Early Espresso, then inked up the solid stamp with the baby wipe to fill in the color.  


I added a strip of the DSP, and a piece of the Brushed Copper Foil that I embossed with one of the Meadow Moments embossing folders.  The sentiment is heat embossed with Copper embossing powder onto a strip of Very Vanilla cardstock layered on top of a strip of Cajun Craze. (I am now officially in mourning because it was only after I had made my project that I realized my absolute favorite embossing powder has been retired.)  I used the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch to add a decorative edge. I punched out one of the leaves and added a small bow made with the Copper Grosgrain Ribbon from this suite. It doesn't show up in the pictures, but I added some sparkle to the leaves with my Wink of Stella. 

Card Measurements:
  • Card Base-Very Vanilla Thick 8-1/2 x 5-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
  • Cajun Craze layer- 4-1/8 x 5-3/8
  • Very Vanilla layer- 4 x 5-1/4
  • DSP- 1-1/4 x 5
  • Copper Foil- 1-3/4 x 3-1/2
  • Cajun Craze strip- 4-1/4 x 1
  • Very Vanilla- 3-3/4 x 5/8
Thank you for hopping along with us, make sure to visit everyone's blog so you can see all of the beautiful projects made with this suite and be inspired to create your own!

What do you look forward to the most about the Fall season?  Leave me a comment and let me know.   If you live in the US, don't already have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, and you would like to purchase any of the products I have used today, simply click on the images below to go to my online store.  Before you leave, hit the subscribe button so you don't miss out on new projects. As we say in the south....

Happy Fall, Y'all!
Love,
Nina

Product List

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card Nina and the baby wipe technique makes the leaves really pop TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snap! I too used the wet wipe technique, it is a perfect technique for this stamp set. Lovely card x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, never tried that technique, it looks great x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, those leaves look stunning with the baby wipe technique!

    ReplyDelete