Friday, July 13, 2018

Unconventional Memory Keeping

Hey Y'all!
Those of you that read my blog regularly know that I promised a series on Scrapbooking/Memory Keeping at the beginning of June.  I have not blogged about it as regularly as I had hoped, but here is another post, this time about Memory Keeping that is not in a book.
I have 2 daughters, and neither one is into stamping.  BREAKS. MY. HEART. So when one of them asks can I help her stamp something, the answer is ABSOLUTELY! So I really can't take the credit for this project...it was all her idea.
Her boyfriend is a welder, and has taken a job travelling.  They have started a tradition of him bringing her a rock from the states he goes to, and she writes the place on the rock and puts them in a jar.
She wanted to make something to go on the jar, and this is what we came up with.
She chose the letters from the Pick a Pennant stamp set, and that sweet little heart came from Sitting Pretty. (By the way, I got the Pick a Pennant FREE when I went to Onstage in Atlanta..fun times!)  Pick a Pennant comes as a bundle with matching dies, but I have not purchase them yet.  Remember, when the stamp set and dies are sold as a bundle, you save 10%! Stampin' Up! has so many sets that have individual letters in them to create your own message!
We stamped the sentiment on a piece of retired DSP I had in my stash, and used the Layering Circle Framelits to make the 2 layers, the bottom layer is Real Red.  I thought it turned out perfect!
Isn't that a neat way to preserve memories!  Now I may have to do some Memory Keeping of my own to log me and my daughter making memories!  
Do you have a way you have preserved memories besides putting pictures in an album or a scrapbook?  Tell me about it in the comments below.
Reminder:  some great deals going on in the month of July-DSP sale for customers and FREE Ink Pad family in addition to your starter kit by becoming a demonstrator.  Just click on the pictures for more info.  Don't miss out!  Let me know if you have any questions about these sales.


The items we used in this project are listed below, just click on an item to go to my online store to purchase.  Thanks for taking the time to stop by, now go make some memories, and be sure to record them for posterity!
Love,
Nina

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment