Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Sketchy Sailboats with Global Design Project #146

Hey Y'all!
I am back from our July 4th vacation!  We spent it at the beach, and I guess those few days there got me in a nautical mood.  The beach is not my favorite place (Gasp!, I know, right?) In fact I think I am the only girl in the South that isn't dying to get my toes in the sand.  But we went with family and friends, and I did enjoy it.  They teased me about turning into a Beach Bum, but it ain't happening.  Although, coffee in the morning on the beach was pretty nice, and I came back with a nice tan.  And it might have inspired this card....
This is the second week in a row (yay me!) I have been able to participate in the Global Design Project.  This week's challenge was a sketch:
I used the sailboats and water die from the Lilypad Lake bundle.  My "Hello" greeting came from the Jar of Love set, and I used the 1-3/8" Circle Punch and Layering Circle Framelit Dies to layer it up.  

I popped up the sailboats and greeting with dimensionals.  The Ruffled embossing folder reminds me of waves; it and the Night of Navy bakers twine added to the nautical theme. 
This would make a great masculine card, and it is also great for a beach/ocean lover, which is NOT me, OK?  I know some of y'all just can't understand how I could not LOVE the beach.  I may not love it like my friends do, but I may or may not be looking forward to my next beach trip.  Y'all just don't tell them because I will never hear the end of it!  
Below is a list of supplies used, click on the links to go to my online store if you are interested in ordering any of the products.  Thanks for stopping by, see you next time!
Love,
Not a Beach Bum yet,
Nina







Product List

2 comments:

  1. Nina I just love this take on the sketch. It's a really great design - a standout in the gallery for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Jen! You don’t know how much I appreciate everything I’ve learned from Let’s Get Blogging and Lets Get Hopping! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your knowledge and encourage others.

    ReplyDelete