Thursday, June 9, 2022

Ombré Technique for the Stampin Dreams Blog Hop





Hey Y'all!
Today on the Stampin' Dreams Blog Hop, the theme is Ombre. It is a pretty popular look that has been around for a while. "Ombre" just means the color fades from dark to light. For my project, I chose the Let's Set Sail Bundle and used a Blending Brush to create the background.



I started at the bottom of my Basic White piece and inked it pretty heavily in Tahitain Tide. Then without re-inking my brush, I moved up the piece and allowed the ink to fade and get lighter and lighter. This effect can also be achieved with more than one ink color...start with a dark color and then use lighter inks. I used Smoky Slate and Pale Papaya for my sailboat, and stamped my sentiment onto a cloud created with the Cloud Punch. You can see I added ink to the edges of the cloud by lightly dragging my brush around the edges. I stamped the bird image in Smoky slate and the water image in Tahitian Tide to give more texture. I made my cardbase a little fancier by starting with a top-folding cardbase (4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2) and cutting off one edge at  2-3/4. So simple but it adds so much! I tied some Tahitain Tide Baker's twine around my scene panel and added it to a piece of Basic White  I die cut with the Scalloped Contour dies. I added a 4 x 5-1/4 piece of Basic White to the inside of the card, and Voila! l
Now let's see everyone else's creations!





Our Kits are on sale! Grab a few and give as gifts, or invite friends over to craft with you!



If you live in the US, do not have a current Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, and would like a copy of the catalog, email me at ninassouthernaccents@gmail.com with "Catalog Request" in the subject line, and I will be happy to send you one!

Coming Soon!





Do you love Stampin' Up! products? Have a long wish list? Become a happy shopper and purchase from yourself at a discount, or even build a business. I would love for you to join my Southern Accents Stampin' Squad, and no! you don't have to have a Southern Accent lol! Click here to sign up.


Free tutorial Bundle with over 30 tutorials from demonstrators from across the globe with Minimum $50 Purchase in June
Thanks for stopping by today, go make something beautiful!
Love,
Nina





 



7 comments:

  1. Love your card! I love Tahitian Tide!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the nautical theme you chose! Excellent !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! Feels like summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card. The Tahitian tide color really works well for the water/sky look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, perfect colour choice of Tahitian Tide!

    ReplyDelete