Welcome to another Let's Get Hopping Blog Hop! I love the theme of this hop this month--Wishes of Encouragement and Strength. I read just this week that encouragement is like liquid sunshine. I've shared many times how much I love the fact that I can use my love of crafting to bless others. And Stampin' Up! has some wonderful sentiments to encourage others. It was hard to choose what I wanted to use!
I finally settled on two stamp sets, Woven Heirlooms, a new stamp that is part of a bundle featured on my cared, and Beautiful Promenade, a set that I am so glad carried over.
I am so excited about the new shimmery embossing powder! It comes in white and black, I 've used the white for the sentiment. The Woven Threads DSP (Designer Series Paper) is what sets this card off, and the frames and embossing folder that are part of the bundle are perfect to highlight the sentiment.
This is a Tri-fold card that makes great use of your DSP, so if you have a little hoarding, ahem, I mean collecting, problem, this is a great way to use up some of your stash.
I try not to waste though, and the middle of the rectangle frame was perfect for the inside sentiment.
I love how the Detailed Trio Punch dresses up a plain piece of cardstock! I added some of the flourishes from the Woven Heirlooms stamp set as well.
This card was made for a dear friend who has been facing some health challenges in the past year. I love the Bible verse, Romans 8:28, that says "God causes all things to work together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose." That will be included in my note to her. Who in your life needs some encouragement? You never know what just a simple card will do to brighten someone's day, letting them know they are loved and thought of.
Next up is the awesome Mikaela Titheridge. Just click on the Next Blog icon below, and make sure you hop all the way through so you don't miss any of the great ideas to encourage others.
Tips and Tricks:
- Card dimensions-Seaside Spray CS 4-1/4 x 5-1/2, DSP-5-1/4 x 12, scored at 4 & 8 inches
- Glue the middle panel of the DSP to the 1/4 sheet of carstock
- When using the frames and embossing folders, die cut the frame first then emboss.
- To better center the frame in the embossing folder, save a middle piece of cardstock from the frame and attach it to the middle of folder. Line the middle of the frame around that attached piece.
- "Stamping off" is a technique used to get lighter colors from the same ink pad. The first time you stamp, that is the "first generation", second time is "second generation", third time is "third generation" etc. I stamped off the Terracotta Tile flourishes on the Stitched Label Framelit so the small sentiment would stand out more.
Thanks for joining us today! If you would like to order any of the products I've used, simply click on the links below.