Sunday, April 29, 2018

Saying Goodbye to Retiring Products

Hey Y'all!
Saying goodbye is so hard to do!  Especially when Stampin' Up! give us such beautiful products as have been showcased in this hop!  I am so honored to be a part of this group of Stampin' Up! Demonstrators as we highlight some of the products retiring in May 2018.
Now my container is not as full as some of the others.  When I was preparing for this hop, I pulled out all of my stamps, punches, framelets, etc that were retiring.  Then I thought about which products I am going to miss the most and would never dream of getting rid of.  All of them wasn't an option, because you have a lot of hopping to do!  So these are my top 6:
  1. Lots of Labels Framelits (Annual Catalog)
  2. Number of Years Stamp Set (Annual Catalog)
  3. Large Numbers Framelits (that coordinate with the Number of Years) (Annual Catalog
  4. Lots of Love Stamp Set (and the GORGEOUS Whole Lot of Lovely DSP in that suite!) (Annual Catalog)
  5. Sure Do Love You Bundle, especially the framelits, so many things you can do with the box framelit! (Occasions Catalog)
  6. Delicate White Doilies (let me wipe a tear! But the new alternative is beautiful!) (Annual Catalog)
Of course you know the 2016-18 In Colors are retiring, as well as some other colors that have been around awhile.  Have you seen the new color revamp? It is awesome!  But I did use some of the retiring colors in my projects as well. Also, any of the bundles that are carrying over are going to be individual items, so if you love something that is bundled, get it now and save 10%.

The first card uses the Lots of Love stamp, with the Lots of Labels Framelits and a Doily, along with a retiring color, Soft Sky.  The DSP is from the Whole Lot of Lovely collection, it and the Lots of Labels framelits are sold out and discontinued....guess I wasn't the only one in love.  And that is a reminder, if there is something you have been eyeing, you better get it before it is gone!
The photo on the left is what I was going to submit.  But I kept looking and saying something is missing.  See how flat and lifeless those flowers look?  I didn't want to re-do the card, so I got out my Blends (they will be available to order again in the new catalog, along with some new colors...whoop whoop!) and Markers and added some details to the flowers and leaves.  What a difference it makes!  I used the Powder Pink and Calypso Coral Stampin' Write marker and then the Light Calypso Coral and Dark Old Olive Blends.  But something was still missing.  So I say "When in doubt, give it a wink"...of Stella that is!  I love the shimmer it gives!  
I added the sweet little heart to the inside, don't you just love dressing up the inside of your cards?
This next card uses the Number of Years stamp and the Large Numbers framelits.  Our high school colors are purple and gold, so Elegant Eggplant will missed by me!  But again, there is a new color that is going to work just fine....but I may be stocking up...just saying...
Now you may be wondering where the word "Grad" came from...did you know "Grade" becomes "Grad" when you do stamp surgery?


Did I just hear a collective gasp all over cyber world?  Yes, you can cut your stamps!  I promise, the stamp didn't feel a thing!  And if I need to use "Grade" I just fit the pieces back together.
Here is the inside of the card.  The framelits to make the gift card holder came from the Lots to Love Box Framelits.

 I want to thank Carol Borgeson of Carol B Crafts for the tutorial on how to make that awesome Graduation Cap with the Tailored Tag Punch.....Look up her video on Youtube!
Thanks for stopping by my blog, I hope you are enjoying this hop, haven't there been some amazing projects!  Now hop on over to Carolina Evans, just click on her name in the link below, I know you will love what she has in store!
Thanks for checking out my blog, I hope you will hit the subscribe button!  Leave a comment and let me know what you will miss the most on the retiring list!  But no worries, you are going to LOVE the new catalog, I promise!  There are going to be lots of new favorites! If you would like to order any of the products used, click on the link below to go to my online store, hopefully most of them will still be available!
Again, thanks for hopping by!
Love,
Nina

Product List
Big Shot
[143263]
$110.00

20 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards. I love your graduation card. Perfect for this time of the year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your cards are really cute! Brave girl cutting stamps. I've done it....but I always cringe just a little LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karie! It gets easier the more you do it, my fear is losing the separate pieces lol! I am a fanatic about making sure every little piece is in the case before I put it up!

      Delete
  3. The Blends and wink of stella really did make your colors pop. I love you graduation card. I am going to miss those numbers the most of all the retiring products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda! I don’t know which ones I will miss more, numbers or Lots of Labels, definitely holding on to both!

      Delete
  4. Oh those numbers, boohoo!!! so sad!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects Nina using a wonderful range of retiring products. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete