Thursday, November 5, 2020

Another One For the Boys-Masculine Blog Hop





 

Hey Y'all!

I am joining my Crafty Blog Hops friends today showing you some Masculine projects.  


I chose to use one of my favorite sets, Sailing Home.  I needed a sympathy card for a friend who lost his dad.  


I love the sentiment from Here's A Card, and stamped it on a Stitched Nested Labels die.  I altered some of the Seaside Spray Scalloped Linen ribbon for embellishment.  I used some of the strands to tie onto the anchor, which I thought added a nice touch.  I used the Old World 3D embossing folder on a piece of Night of Navy, then highlighted the raised area by dragging my Craft ink pad over it.  I roughed up the edges with my snips, then curled them to give a worn, rugged look.  Thanks for stopping by, be sure to click all the way through, I know you will discover some awesome ideas to inspire your craftiness!
Blessings!
Nina

 




21 comments:

  1. Beautiful card which I'm sure will be much appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! - the background is inspired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamara! I was very pleased with how it turned out.

      Delete
  3. I am sorry for your loss, This is a beautiful Masculine card. I have always wondered how to make the edges of the card like you did here. I have always wanted to try this.

    Thank you for sharing this very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lora! Just take the sharp edge of your snips and run along the sides to rough them up. Then when I glued it down, I did not put adhesive all the way to the edges. Once it was adhered, I just used my fingers to curl the edges.

      Delete
  4. Lots of great layering! A lovely card for your friend who has suffered a loss

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you used that ribbon. Such a great card

    ReplyDelete
  6. absolutely stunning!! great card!! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete