Sunday, October 18, 2020

One For The Boys: LGH 36




Hey Y’all!

It's time for another fun blog hop with the Let's Get Hopping crew. If you arrived here from Rachael Merrick's page, Welcome! This is her first time hopping with us, isn't she fabulous?  Our theme this month is "One For The Boys." Do you cringe when someone says "masculine card?" Why are they so difficult?  It seems like a struggle for all stampers, but I hope you come away with lots of ideas after hopping with us today.

When I think of Masculine Cards, I think of neutral colors, browns, blues, and the guys in my life are outdoorsmen, so usually some type of nature scene.  But sometimes those neutral colors can be drab and boring, and I wanted my projects to have a little brightness to them.  So here is what I came up with.

I have 2 projects to share, both using one of my favorite stamp sets, Rooted In Nature.   If you struggle with masculine cards, this is the set for you! 


I paired it with the In Good Taste Designer Series Paper, which is one of the DSP's on sale all month long!



On the first card, I did a watercolor wash with Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, and Old Olive on a piece of Shimmery White CS, then, after it had dried, stamped it with the Birch Background and some of the leaf images in Gray Granite. 


I did another wash in those colors on another piece of Shimmery white, stamped the leaves with Gray Granite, and then die cut them.  


For the second card, I used a 4 x 5-1/4 piece of  DSP, and stamped one of the leaf images directly onto it.  I did the same watercolor wash technique with the leaves.  


To get the brown spots, I inked up my water painter with Soft Suede reinker, then tapped it against the cap. Don't they look realistic?  
Thank you for stopping by today, next up is the fabulous Eimear Carvill, just click on the arrow to head over to her page.


Thanks for stopping by!  If you live in the US and don't already have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I would love to earn your business. If you would like to order any of the products I've used today, click on the images below to go to my online store.  Be sure to subscribe to my blog so you don't miss any of the fun!
Love,
Nina

Be sure to take advantage of the DSP sale going on this month!



Product List

14 comments:

  1. A stunning use of those stamps. Perfect colour choice for a male card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Nina, the DSP is so perfect for masculine cards and I love the colour combo you have used for these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pop of colour in the leaves - great card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice of stamp sets and dies for this theme. I love Rooted in Nature for those outdoorsy men in our lives. That slice of wood is just perfect for the sentiment focal point. Great cards Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wow wow Nina. These are stunning!! I love all the little extra details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pop of colour on the neutral tones, so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a striking card Nina, using one of my all time favourite sets x

    ReplyDelete