Sunday, August 16, 2020

Let's Get Hopping Round 34-Step It Up or Scale It Back




 Hey Y'all!

The Let's Get Hopping crew is back with another fabulous hop.  Today we are "Stepping It Up or Scaling It Back."  You may have arrived here from Alicia Yap, she always has something awesome to share!  We are so glad you are here!

I chose to "CASE" a card I featured on my blog a few weeks ago...


It is the card on top.  You can see the details of that card here.  It is one of my all-time favorites, but I call cards like this my "$100 cards," because it takes at least $100 or more of products to make them, not counting paper and ink.  This one used 3 die sets plus the dies in the stamp set bundle,and a background stamp.  It would also be considered an "avid" crafter card.  Crafters are usually in 1 of 3 groups...Beginner, Casual, or Avid.  I would say most Stampin' Up! Demos are in the avid group....I know that's my group!

So I chose to step that card down and just use stamps, ink, and paper...no dies or punches. I also wanted to use only the one stamp set, Nothing's Better Than.  I kept my original colors, used the 2020-22 In-Color DSP instead of the Buffalo Check stamp (you can see in the original card I used the DSP also), and instead of an extra layer of Coastal Cabana, I used the coffee cup stamp to fill in the white space on my card.  


But then I had a dilemma....how to include that sweet little heart? No dies, remember?  Well, how many of you remember making Valentines?  Yep, I fussy cut my heart!
WARNING...More fussy cutting ahead...


I had only planned to share the 2 cards, but then I had all these scraps laying on my desk, and I couldn't resist stepping it back up to a "Casual Crafter" project. For this card, I brought in a couple of punches, some ribbon, and the 2020-22 In Color Enamel Dots.


Instead of using the dies to cut out the word "Chocolate," I fussy cut the word and then a border. I also have a confession.....I stamped the sentiment "You're just like" slightly crooked.  So I stamped it again on a 1/4" scrap of Whisper White and just adhered it over the top of the crooked sentiment. That is an easy fix if you have an ink smudge or crooked sentiment.  I just threw that extra tip in for free.  


So what kind of crafter are you? Beginner, Casual, or Avid?  Leave me a comment and let me know which one you are. Click the arrow to hop over to my friend the lovely Tanya Rees. I know you will love what she has in store!



Tips & Tricks:
  • All card bases use WW Thick cardstock-8-1/2 x 5-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
  • SIP card measurements: DSP-1 piece 5-1/2 x 2, 2 pieces 5-1/2 x 1/2, Poppy Parade 2-1/2 x 4, Coastal Cabana 3-3/4 x 2-1/2, WW 3-1/4 x 2-1/8
  • For the Casual card, the strips of DSP and cardstock were just scraps I had on my desk.
  • The Nothing's Better Than stamp set is a 2-step stamp.  I stamped the outline stamp (coffee cup and chocolates) full strength, then "stamped off" once for the fill in color.
If you live in the US, do not currently have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, and would like to purchase any of the products used, I would so appreciate your business!  Simply click on the images below to go to my online store.  Are you an avid crafter, or just want to purchase crafting supplies at a discount? I would love for you to join my team!  Click on "Join The Fun" at the top of the page to learn more.  Again, thanks for stopping by, Happy Crafting!
Love,
Nina


Product List

6 comments:

  1. Greatcards! I love the colour combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards Nina. I love how you've re- created your card with only one stamp set and no dies. Love the fussy cut heart too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tan, I enjoyed this challenge! And it definitely was a challenge to scale back, I like fancy :)

      Delete
  3. Love your cards Nina. I absolutely love your base card, and what a great idea to show recreating it with less supplies, Well Done !!!

    ReplyDelete