Sunday, June 14, 2020

Scrap It-Let’s Get Hopping Round 32



Hey Y'all!
The Let's Get Hopping crew is back for another round, and this month we are using up our scraps!  I don't know about you, but my desk can get cluttered real quick...organization is NOT my super power.  You know that saying, "A sign of a cluttered desk is a cluttered mind." Well, then, what's an empty desk a sign of?  But like many crafters, I hate to throw things away.  We always say, "I can use that for something," am I right?  Well, now is your chance!  We are giving you some ideas to use those scraps.





I looked through my scrap bin (that's a box I toss all those scraps of paper that are too
 good to throw away) and found this piece of Pool Party with that negative space...I realized
 after I made my card that the die used is retired, but this can layout can work with any die.
  It made a beautiful frame for the simple images from the Lovely You stamp set.  I did some
 tone-on-tone stamping to add some dimension to the pool party, then stamped the leaf images 
in pool party onto a slightly smaller piece of Whisper White.  I added Flirty Flamingo
 Flowers, then adhered the Pool Party layer with dimensionals.




The punch in this bundle is perfect for those small strips you get when you cut layers of your cardstock.  It is actually 6 punches in one, and the different sizes layer beautifully.  The 2 strips I used here are 1 x 3-1/2  and 3/4 x 3.  My tip for using the punch is to cut the strips to the size you want, punch, then stamp the sentiment.  I added the piece of Braided Linen Trim tied in a knot.  It was a small piece that was in my ribbon drawer.  So those 3 elements-the frame layer, the sentiment strip and layer, and the ribbon-were all scraps from other projects.  So I encourage you to look around your craft room and get creative with your scraps!  
Click below to hop over to the lovely Tanya Rees and see how she uses up her scraps! Thank you for hopping with us!



If you would like to order any products I used in my project, simply click on the pictures below to go to my online store.


Product List

10 comments: