Sunday, November 3, 2019

Stampin’ In High Cotton

Hey Y'all!
In the South, there is a saying, "Walking In High Cotton"; in fact, the Country Band Alabama had a song about that.  It means that your life is good, or you are successful.  Well, this card makes me feel that way!  If you have listened to my FB lives, or been to any of my events, then you know I am absolutely in love with the Snowfall Accents Puff Paint.  But, as you can see from this card, it's not just for snow...
Several weeks ago on a FB live, I used this stamp from Country Home and showed the technique of using it for the cotton bolls for a 3D look.  I finally had a chance to make a card with the idea, and this is what I came up with.
I needed a Thank You card from some special friends, and I knew this set would be perfect.  I kept the image simple, I wanted the focus to be on the cotton.  

I carried the image over to the inside of the card, stamped in Sahara Sand (stamped off first for a lighter color) then the sentiment stamped over it.  

I used the Stitched Rectangle and Stitched Nested Label Dies for my sentiment, and a Linen Thread Bow finishes it off.

Tips and Tricks:
  • Card Measurements: Sahara Sand Card Base 8-1\2 x 5-1/2, scored at 4-1/4, Blackberry Bliss layer 4 x 5-1/4, Sahara Sand layer 3-7/8 x 5-1/8, Whisper White inside layer 4 x 5-1/4
  • To save cardstock, cut dies or punches from the layer that is covered up.  Here, I cut the Stitched Nested Label from the Blackberry Bliss layer.  
  • I cut the Blackberry Bliss label in 1/2 to "stretch" it.
  • The Puff Paint is very thin and runny, you barely have to squeeze the bottle.  For the cotton, I just touched the tip to the paper.  Practice on a scrap before putting on your project.
  • I used Memento Tuxedo Black to stamp my image.  If you use Stampin' Up!'s Classic Ink Pads, the color will transefer to the Puff Paint, which can give a different look, but not one I wanted on this card.
  • You must heat the Puff Paint with a Heat Tool to make it puff.
Thanks for stopping by today!  If you would like to purchase any products used today and do not already have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, simply click on the links below to go to my online store.  I would love to earn your business, and I have a Loyalty Rewards Card that you can earn free products with your purchases.  Click on the Loyalty Rewards tab above to see the details.  If you love Stampin' Up! products, consider signing up!  The Starter Kit is the best deal in the catalog.  I would love to have you join my Southern Accents Stampin' Squad.
I hope you are Stampin' in High Cotton, too!
Love,
Nina


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment