Sunday, November 17, 2019

Fun with Fun Folds and Interactive Cards-Let's Get Hopping Round 26

Hey Y'all!
I am so excited about hopping with the Let's Get Hopping crew this month!  We have a fun challenge-a Fun Fold or Interactive card!  Tanya Rees was the stop before me, if you arrived here from her site, Welcome! Make sure to hop along and see all of the neat projects from this talented group of ladies.  
Now, this card is not for the faint of heart!  There were alot of steps involved, but that's the fun of creating, right?

I chose to make a Z-fold Wiper Card, not only for this challenge, but this is also my card for a Fancy-Fold swap I am participating in at Onstage Atlanta.  I made 21 of these babies!  I'm not sure if I had a moment of insanity when I signed up for that....Lol!

Do you see that sweet little elf popping up?  I did a video tutorial showing you the nuts and bolts of making a wiper card.  You would be reading for days if I tried to write it all out in my blog!  So be sure to check out the video, I have it linked below.
Here is the back of the card with room to write your message.

I think the funnest part of this card was making that whipped cream on top of the mug with the Snowfall Accents Puff Paint...just punch a piece of whisper white with the Pretty Label Punch, cut it in half, and coat with the puff paint (thanks Tracy Bish for that awesome tip!) I added Puff Paint to the elf as well.
I embossed the red mug with the Winter Knit 3D Embossing Folder and added the Snowflake die from the Seasonal Layers dies.  I also embossed the striped DSP with the Brick and Mortar 3D Embossing Folder.
Here is the link for the YouTube video showing you how to make the Wiper Card.




Tips and Tricks:
  • Card Measurements: Card Base Pool Party 8-1/2 x 4-1/4 & 8-1/2 x 2-1/4 (both scored at 5-1/2 & 7), Whisper White 4 x 5-1/4, DSP (2) 2 x 5-1/4, (4) 2 x 1-1/4
  • Score the cardstock first, then cut.  You can get 2 of the larger pieces and 1 smaller piece from 1 sheet of cardstock if you are making multiples
  • Puff Paint is very runny, you hardly even have to squeeze the bottle. Get it started on your Silicon Craft Sheet before applying to your project for small areas





Product List

4 comments:

  1. Wow Nina, your card is awesome, heading over to watch your tutorial now, Thanks for sharing this great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card Nina. Thanks for the tutorial x

    ReplyDelete