Friday, September 6, 2019

Bird Ballad Gift Tags

Hey Y’all!
I love giving gifts! And that’s kind of funny, because if you’ve ever heard of the 5 Love Languages by Dr. Gary Chapman, “Gifts” aren’t my primary love language.  Coffee, yes, absolutely coffee is my love language😂. But I digress...
I’ve shared many times that the thing I love most about Stampin’ Up! are the cute ways you can package gifts and treats. And so I wanted to share these gift tags I whipped out in less than hour. Truth be told it will take longer to write this blog post than it did to make the 5 tags!
The Stitched Nested Label dies make perfect tags, and I embellished them with the bird image from Free As A Bird, and then a Stitched Shape circle stamped with the For You sentiment from Let It Ride. 
If you are a horse lover, you need that set in your life! It’s got some great sentiments as well, and I love the font.

Just a touch of color was added to the birds with watercolor pencils. The hardest part about making these? Fussy cutting those birds! But it’s all good. They are going to be tied to some mini Cream Cheese pound cakes. The tags will make them even yummier😊
Tips and Tricks:
  • Fussy-cutting isn’t at hard as it looks. Move the paper, not your scissors, and leave about a 1/16” border around the image. This makes the eye see the line of the stamp border and camouflage any mistakes in your cutting 
  • Add dimension to your project with, what else, dimensionals!
  • Reinforce tag holes with a 1/2” circle of coordinating card stock
Did I mention that now through the end of September several patterns of DSP from the Annual Catalog are on sale, including the one I used in this project? A great time to stock up on your favorites!
And there is even more excitement!  The 2019 Holiday Catalog is LIVE!  Stay tuned for lots of projects featuring new product.  And, if you're local, I invite you to my Mega Catalog Launch September 21 at 10:00 am.  Food, prizes, games, Make & Takes, EVERYONE will take home new product!  $30, RSVP by email-ninamac32@hotmail.com, and let me know by September 13.
Looking forward to a fun season where we are blessed by creating, and get to turn around and bless others with our creations!  Love y'all!
Nina
***Click on the links below to order any of the product used  today, or go to my Online Store by clicking the Shop Now button.



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment