Saturday, September 1, 2018

Sitting Pretty for Global Design Project Color Challenge #153

Hey Y'all!
I'm BAAA-ACK!  It has been a few weeks since I have been able to share some Stampin' Love with you guys.  I've been busy with my in-home classes, and some other things going on in our family's life.  But I have missed being here with my online friends!
The Global Design Project's challenge this week is a Color Challenge.  Check out these colors:
I pulled out my Sitting Pretty stamp set and went to work.  Here is what I came up with.
I did a simple watercolor wash, then stamped the bench in Gray Granite directly over the wash.  I used my Stamparatus, which allowed me to stamp several times to get it darker and fill in any areas that did not stamp well.  I just had to add a sweet little heart to the bench from the die-cuts in the Pretty Park framelit dies that coordinate with the stamps. I also used the Stamparatus to do the two-step stamping for the squirrel.  I used my Light Daffodil Delight Blends to color in the bird. (There is a stamp that will stamp the inside, but it is TINY! and I had more success with my blends!)
Notice the feet on the bird and the sentiment:
This is why you need the Stampin' Write Markers in your life!  As great as the Blends are, you cannot use them to color on your stamp. The sentiment came from the Detailed With Love set, which has some GREAT sentiments! I love how I was able to do the sentiment using all 3 colors, again using the Stamparatus for perfect positioning each time.  

The Pretty Label punch provided the perfect accent, I punched out the sentiment, then punched a piece of Flirty Flamingo CS twice and layered them to get that beautiful border.  The Daffodil Delight double-stitched ribbon finished it off.  
Tips and Tricks:
  • Card Dimensions-Whisper White Heavy CS 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 scored at 4-1/4
  • Use the brush tip of Stampin' Write Markers to add ink to stamps
  • Use the Stamparatus for perfect positioning, add one color at a time with the markers, then stamp each time
  • The Stamparatus is also great for two-step stamping (stamp sets that have an outline stamp and another stamp to fill in.)  If you want to "stamp off" to achieve a lighter color, like I did stamping the squirrel, use a scrap piece of paper over the paper in the Stamparatus, then stamp again onto the paper for your card.
  • Add borders to your punched pieces by punching 2 different pieces and attaching them under the punched piece so that it borders the top and bottom.
Global Design Project challenges are so much fun!  Thanks for stopping by, and if you want to order any of the products used, just click on the images below to go to my online store.
Love,
Nina



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment