Friday, September 14, 2018

Pick A Pennant Teacher Card for Global Design Project #155

Hey Y'all!
Life has been busy at my house!  But I am so glad I was able to squeeze in some time to make a card for the Global Design Project challenge this week.

Cleaning the chalkboard is one of my school days childhood memories, we used to argue over whose turn it was to do it!  Do they even have chalkboards anymore with all of the technology?

So I knew I had to incorporate a chalkboard look into this card.  I used a piece of Basic Black cardstock and lightly sponged some Craft White ink to give it that chalkboard look.  Then I dried it with my Heat Tool (a very important step if you don't want stray embossing powder all over your card) before heat embossing the "A+" from the Letters for You stamp set in white embossing powder.

I also knew I wanted an apple on my card.  Paper Pumpkin to the rescue!  The apple came from the July 2018 kit "Picnic Paradise."  Paper Pumpkin is a monthly subscription, and you receive everything you need to make the projects, including ink, stamps, and adhesive.  There is a link to subscribe in the sidebar to the right, you can also click on the image below in the supply list.

The brand new Buffalo Check background stamp adds so much to this card, and used with Stamparatus, you get perfect stamping!

The Stamparatus was the secret sauce in making this card, especially the banner.  I have added a video to show you how I used it, and also show you how I made the cute pencil with the Classic Label Punch.  I love it when my imagination shows up lol!
Tips and Tricks:
  • Card Base-Poppy Parade 4-1/4" x 11", scored at 5-1/2", Whisper White layer 4" x 5-1/4", Wood Textures DSP 4-3/8" x 3-1/4", Basic Black slightly smaller than Wood Textures DSP
  • Pencil colors: Crushed Curry, Flirty Flamingo, Crumb Cake, and Basic Black
  • I used the rectangle framelit from the Sliding Door framelits to cut a "frame" for the chalkboard
  • Don't have a stamp for an element?  Use what you have in your stash, i.e. the apple from a Paper Pumpkin kit


This card is going to a special teacher friend of mine that passed a very hard test this summer.  Yes, teachers have to take tests, too!
Thanks for stopping by! Remember to subscribe to my blog so you don't miss any inspiration.  Click on the images in the product list below to order any of the supplies used.
Love,
Nina


Product List
Pick A Pennant Photopolymer Stamp Set
$21.00
Letters For You Photopolymer Stamp Set
$49.00
Buffalo Check Clear-Mount Stamp Set
$15.00
Lilypad Lake Clear-Mount Stamp Set
$22.00
Sliding Door Framelits Dies
$27.00
Classic Label Punch
$18.00
Poppy Parade 8-1/2" x 11"" Card Stock"
$8.50
Basic Black 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock
$8.50
Wood Textures Designer Series Paper Stack
$11.00
Crushed Curry 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock
$8.50
Flirty Flamingo 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock
$8.50
Crumb Cake 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock
$8.50
Whisper White 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock
$9.75
Poppy Parade Classic Stampin' Pad
$7.50
Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
$6.00
Blueberry Bushel Classic Stampin' Pad
$7.50
Uninked Stampin’ Craft Pad & Whisper White Refill
$9.50
Versamark Pad
$8.50
White Stampin' Emboss Powder
$5.00
Embossing Buddy
$6.00
Clear Wink Of Stella Glitter Brush
$8.00
Twine Baker's Whisper White
$3.00
1-Month Prepaid Paper Pumpkin Subscription
$19.00
Simply Scored
$30.00
Stamparatus
$49.00
Heat Tool
$30.00
Big Shot
$110.00
Liquid Multipurpose Glue
$4.00
Mini Stampin' Dimensionals
$4.00
Stamping Sponges
$3.50

No comments:

Post a Comment