Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Celebrate Good Times! Let's Get Hopping-Round 5



Hey Y'all!
Happy New Year!  Can you believe we are in 2018 already?  Time flies when you're having fun!  And the Let's Get Hopping crew are having loads of fun with our "Celebration" theme!  I mean, who doesn't like to celebrate?  And January begins Stampin' Up!'s Sale-a-bration, a GREAT reason to celebrate!  Two of my favorite Sale-a-Bration items are the Amazing You stamp set and the Celebrate You Thinlets Dies that just so happen to coordinate.  The Amazing You set is free with a $50 purchase, and the Dies are free with a $100 purchase.
The burst stamp looks like a firework to me, so I stamped it in 2 directions with Versamark ink and heat embossed with Silver embossing powder onto Night of Navy cardstock.  I used the thinlet dies to cut out the "celebrate" in silver glimmer paper.  If you choose to get these thinlets, make sure you have or purchase the fine tip glue pen.  It is indispensable with these word cut outs.
I layered the card front onto a piece of silver glimmer paper, but not before I cut out my word.  No need to waste, just wanted to show you that tip to help your supplies go further.  
Another exciting thing to celebrate is new product in the Occasions Catalog.  The Brusho crystals are so much fun to play with!  There are several instructional videos on YouTube to show you different ways to use them.  Here are 2 cards I used them on.  To make my celebrate "pop", I cut out just one layer of Berry Burst, then cut out 4 more in Whisper White.

I glued them together with, you guessed it, the fine tip glue pen.  You could also use the adhesive sheets.  You  can't see it well in the photos, but went over the "celebrate" with Wink of Stella to give it some sparkle and also added some Glitter Enamel Dots.
This is my favorite card out of the three I made for this post.  I used white embossing powder on Basic Black cardstock, then I die cut the word "amazing" in Whisper White and Basic Black and offset it slightly. 
I added some Metallic Edge Ribbon, and attached it to a Berry Burst card base that I did some tone-on-tone stamping with the flower image from the stamp set.  I love the color combination of the Berry Burst with that Prussian Blue from the Brusho crystals.
Now hop on over, or should I say up since she is in Canada, to Carolynn Sander at Care Bear Stamps. You are going to enjoy celebrating with her!
If you have never heard of Sale-a-bration, it runs from January to March, and for every $50 of product you purchase, you get to choose a Sale-a-braton item for free.  This year they have changed it up a little, and there are some items in the Sale-a-bration catalog that are free with a $100 purchase.  I also have Sale-A-Bration Clubs for you to take advantage of the free sets Stampin' Up! offers, plus allow you to earn hostess rewards.  Each club is made up of 3 people who commit to purchasing $50/month January through March.  Each person gets a turn to be the Hostess for that month and earn the hostess rewards for the orders.  If you would like to participate, please email me by January 15th.  All of the supplies I used are listed below, if you are interested in ordering just click on any item and it will take you to my online store.  
May 2018 bring you many reasons to celebrate!
Love,
Nina
Product List

7 comments:

  1. Great cards, Nina! I have always thought Night of Navy and silver are such an elegant combination. But what you did with the Brusho... Oh em gee! Love it! Love them both! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The effect with the Brusho crystals is just fab!! Great cards Nina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I can't wait to give brusho's a try, these firework backgrounds are each different but so fun! Love them. Thank you so much for sharing Nina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the backgrounds. I love using Brusho's. So bright and vibrant and so varied. Enjoy them!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards Nina, love the fireworks, and I can't wait to try out the new Brusho's, thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Very Happy New Year. I love the fireworks going of and how you have used the Brusho on your card thanks so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete