Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Getting the Most Out of Your DSP, Let's Get Hopping Round 1


Hi Everyone!
I am so excited to be a part of this hop! I know you are finding some great tips for how to use up your paper scraps.  Here in the South, we have an expression, "Get all the goody out of it," meaning you want to get every last bit of use that you can out of something, and that is what this hop is all about.
I want to share with you how I store my DSP (Designer Series Paper) so that I can "get all of the goody out of it!"  How many times have you cut a new piece of paper, then realize you had a piece that was already cut and you could have used that one instead of a brand new piece?  Story of my life, right?  Until....
These are some folders I found at a craft store to hold scrapbooking paper.  When I get a set of DSP, I put that stack of paper in its own folder.

As I use it, I put the smaller pieces back in the folder.  When I am making a project and need some paper, I find a piece closest to the size I need. Those smaller pieces are great to use for dies in the Big Shot.  Like this cute tag from the Swirly Snowflakes Thinlet Dies:

I cut it out of Whisper White, then added the DSP to just the front of the tag and stamped the To and From sentiment from the coordinating Snowflake Sentiments stamp set.  


I added a piece of the linen thread, and I have a sweet little tag to add to a gift!  Now, that leftover piece?  Back in the folder it goes---There is a lot of real estate left to use on that piece of paper!!

I know you have lots of scraps you can use for all kinds of elements in your papercrafting! Do you have a thrifty craft tip to share?  Leave it in the comments below, after all, who doesn't like being thrifty and saving money to, well, buy more craft supplies of course! Subscribe to my blog to receive more project ideas and inspiration every week.  Now click on the arrow to see another tip from Gwen Stenzel Eich!
 Gwen Stenzel Eich

Here is a list of the supplies I used to make this project, if you would like to order, click on the image and it will take you to my online store.  
Product List

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous tip for storing papers together! Getting properly organised is one of the best steps in using all your goodies most efficiently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Organization is not one of my strong points, so I was very proud of myself for coming across this solution!

      Delete
  2. Great tip Nina. I love the idea of "Getting all the goody out" of things

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable little tag Nina! And great thrifty tips for all papercrafters out there. Sending hugs from Canada.💖

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that saying! Great too and cute little tag! Thanks for sharing your tip 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are great folders! Good and sturdy too, think I would keep even smaller bits if i had good storage like you - get tip

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that folder. What a great idea. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for sharing your tips. I am always on a hunt for something new type of storing. thank you for sharing yor tips

    ReplyDelete